Slide slipping and swimming pools surrounded by snow: here are five family friendly hotels in California for clients in need of a big dose of family fun.
1. Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort and Spa. The Hyatt not only has a giant pool with three water slides, but is also right on Huntington Beach, nicknamed ‘Surf City, USA.’ The whole family can take surfing lessons with local pros, rent bikes and pedal the boardwalk, then end the day gathered around the hotel’s fire pits for cocoa and s’mores. The resort also features Camp Hyatt, where kids ages 11 and under play games, do crafts, and hit the beach, with a specific theme for each day’s activities.
2. Rancho Las Palmas Resort and Spa. Splashtopia is a two-acre water park in the centre of this Palm Springs resort. The park encompasses a river and sandy beach, 100-foot-/30-metre-long water slides and jets for water fights and more. There are poolside barbecues for families and plenty of lounge chairs for parents to chill out in too.
3. Hotel Del Sol. Situated in San Francisco’s bayfront marina, this resort gives kids goodiefilled bags upon check-in and the family rooms have separate bedrooms for the kids. Baby-proofed rooms are also available, and suites with kitchenettes for making quick meals and snacks. There are inroom bathtub toys and also a library of books and DVDs.
4. Loews Coronado Bay Resort. Perched on a tiny peninsula extending into San Diego Bay, the Loews Coronado is a bustling resort for an active family. Its pool configuration includes a wading pool, designated family pool and hot tub, and ping-pong tables. The resort also has half- or full-day kids’ club, with activities like sandcastle building, scavenger hunts, and magic tricks. Older kids can hit the teen lounge to watch movies or play PlayStation games and the resort also has kayaks, standup paddleboards, sailboats, and personal watercraft available.
5. Juniper Springs Resort. Juniper Springs Lodge can take a family holiday to the snow. The Eagle base lodge next door delivers all ski resort needs, and in the warmer months guests can hit the links at the Sierra Star Golf Course. Amenities include wifi, fitness centres, heated pools, hot tubs, game and media room, summer bike rentals and complimentary airport and town shuttle service.
Courtesy: Travelinc Memo - 24 April 2018submitted by -- Tony Terrill
With rapidly increasing demand for more in-depth travel to Panama from New Zealand, our Wholesale partner, World Journeys, has released a new six-night Panama Discovery Cruise to its portfolio, cruising aboard the Discovery Catamaran. This vessel is limited to 24 passengers, making it very exclusive and unique. World Journey’s Director and Panama expert Chris Lyons says he is pleasantly surprised the number of Kiwis now including Panama as a part of their Central American itinerary. “Panama is an amazingly diverse country, rich in pirate history and full of terrific nature and wildlife experiences” Chris says. The new cruise programme offers very comfortable cabins, superb food and a wonderfully varied itinerary that not only includes a traditional transit of the Panama Canal, but also visits to indigenous tribes, snorkelling, kayaking and some great jungle experiences with a naturalist guide.
For details contact you local Mondo Specialist or check out https://www.mondotravel.co.nz/article/6490.submitted by -- Tony Terrill
09 April 2018
Auckland Airport has announced today that New Zealand Rugby will open the country’s first Official All Blacks Store this month.
Richard Barker, Auckland Airport’s general manager retail and commercial, says the new store will be an exciting addition to the airport’s retail hub.
“We’re delighted Auckland Airport will be the home of New Zealand’s first Official All Blacks Store. The All Blacks are New Zealand’s premier sports team and current back-to-back world champions. Their values and success are a perfect fit for our retail goal of providing customers with the best of New Zealand and the world. This new store will ensure travellers can purchase popular All Blacks memorabilia before they travel overseas.”
“The Official All Blacks Store is the first of many new retail stores that Auckland Airport will announce this year as part of the upgrade of our international departure experience,” says Mr Barker.
The Official All Blacks store will open on Monday 9 April. It will be located on Level 1 of Auckland Airport’s international terminal building, before the new customs and security screening area. This location allows the store to be visited by both travelling passengers and the public.
For further information please contact:
Auckland Airport Public Affairs
+64 27 406 3024