Etihad Airways are pleased to announce that Sydney and Melbourne are the next airports in the global rollout of our new lounge brand ‘The House’, recently launched by Etihad Airways in partnership with No1 Lounges at London Heathrow.
Eligible guests of Etihad Airways and our partner airline Virgin Australia are able to experience The House in Sydney from Tuesday 23 October, while the new upgraded lounge experience will open for guests departing Melbourne on Saturday 27 October.
‘The House’ is the result of a unique collaboration between Etihad Airways and the award-winning lounge provider, which has acquired the lounge from the airline and will operate the new brand.
Guests travelling in Business, First, The Residence and those who have Etihad Guest eligibility will be invited to our new lounge when travelling from London, Sydney and Melbourne. The new lounge offers a stylishly enhanced service, with a contemporary twist, along with friendly hospitality.
If guests want to eat quickly, our self-service buffet will have a range of choices for all tastes. Those with a little more time will be able to order a freshly prepared meal from the à la carte menu. ‘The House’ has every element a guest needs to rest and relax, or freshen up before they fly.
Guests travelling in Economy can purchase lounge access in Sydney and Melbourne for AUD 72, subject to availability.
Here's some great tips, from our friend Russell "Rusty" Williss, Country Manager for Hawaiian Airlines, when visitng the Big Island.
1. Hilo/Kona A reminder HA operates to 2 airports on Hawaii Island – to see more of the big island open jaw into Hilo (ITO) and then ex Kona (KOA) or vv to maximize your customer’s experience and time. A beautiful scenic costal and inland drive from Hilo to Kona via Hamakua Coast and Waimea is a highlight on the island. Call in to see the Umauma Falls and Zipline experience followed by lunch at Fish and Hog Waimea or the Big Island Brew Haus Waimea
2. Blue Hawaii Helicopters (Waikoloa base or Hilo Airport) or Paradise Helicopters in Hilo for spectacular Helicopters trips over the island including recently active Kilauea volcano.
3. Lava Lava beach club Waikoloa has a great band in the sand on most evenings. It’s an awesome place to have dinner and cocktails in the evening while taking in the sunset. Happy Hour is 3-5pm!
4. Hilo town is worth staying for 1 or 2 nights – it has a historic small town feel, full of great shops, museums amazing banyan trees and restaurants especially the Hilo Bay Café – wonderful evening dinner spot for locally inspired dishes.
5. Ili Kope Coffee body scrubs made with 100% organic Kona coffee are fabulous. Visit https://www.ilikope.com/ for places to shop for this wonderful beauty product.
World Journeys, our Africa Specialist Wholesaler, report that there is a new boutique hotel opening on the Zimbabwe side of Victoria Falls this November, which is going to be a great option for high-end clients. The new Stanley & Livingstone Boutique Hotel aims to provide restful Suites, excellent food, beautifully designed yet sociable spaces, and 'that personal touch'. The hotel will offer just 16 Luxury Suites, each with their own private terrace, with two sets of inter-leading Suites perfect for families. The restaurant will serve breakfast, lunch and dinner in the dining room, on the hotel terrace, or out in the lush gardens, while a lounge and bar offer coffees, premium beverages and specialty cocktails. The garden swimming pool is perfect for cooling off, and a Private Travel Concierge is on hand to organise activities. Complimentary shared transfers are offered between the hotel and Victoria Falls Intl Airport, and Harry Mwanga Nkumbula Intl Airport; and between the hotel and Victoria Falls town. Ask us about the special opening offer of "Stay 3/Pay 2 nights", valid on stays 1 Nov 2018 – 31 March 2019 (excluding peak period 21 Dec-4 Jan).submitted by -- Tony Terrill