Here's some great tips, from our friend Russell "Rusty" Williss, Country Manager for Hawaiian Airlines, when visitng the Big Island.
1. Hilo/Kona A reminder HA operates to 2 airports on Hawaii Island – to see more of the big island open jaw into Hilo (ITO) and then ex Kona (KOA) or vv to maximize your customer’s experience and time. A beautiful scenic costal and inland drive from Hilo to Kona via Hamakua Coast and Waimea is a highlight on the island. Call in to see the Umauma Falls and Zipline experience followed by lunch at Fish and Hog Waimea or the Big Island Brew Haus Waimea
2. Blue Hawaii Helicopters (Waikoloa base or Hilo Airport) or Paradise Helicopters in Hilo for spectacular Helicopters trips over the island including recently active Kilauea volcano.
3. Lava Lava beach club Waikoloa has a great band in the sand on most evenings. It’s an awesome place to have dinner and cocktails in the evening while taking in the sunset. Happy Hour is 3-5pm!
4. Hilo town is worth staying for 1 or 2 nights – it has a historic small town feel, full of great shops, museums amazing banyan trees and restaurants especially the Hilo Bay Café – wonderful evening dinner spot for locally inspired dishes.
5. Ili Kope Coffee body scrubs made with 100% organic Kona coffee are fabulous. Visit https://www.ilikope.com/ for places to shop for this wonderful beauty product.
World Journeys, our Africa Specialist Wholesaler, report that there is a new boutique hotel opening on the Zimbabwe side of Victoria Falls this November, which is going to be a great option for high-end clients. The new Stanley & Livingstone Boutique Hotel aims to provide restful Suites, excellent food, beautifully designed yet sociable spaces, and 'that personal touch'. The hotel will offer just 16 Luxury Suites, each with their own private terrace, with two sets of inter-leading Suites perfect for families. The restaurant will serve breakfast, lunch and dinner in the dining room, on the hotel terrace, or out in the lush gardens, while a lounge and bar offer coffees, premium beverages and specialty cocktails. The garden swimming pool is perfect for cooling off, and a Private Travel Concierge is on hand to organise activities. Complimentary shared transfers are offered between the hotel and Victoria Falls Intl Airport, and Harry Mwanga Nkumbula Intl Airport; and between the hotel and Victoria Falls town. Ask us about the special opening offer of "Stay 3/Pay 2 nights", valid on stays 1 Nov 2018 – 31 March 2019 (excluding peak period 21 Dec-4 Jan).submitted by -- Tony Terrill
China Airlines Business Class ticket holders may be eligible for a complimentary 24-Hour Wi-Fi coupon on selected flights.
Applicable ex New Zealand & Australia for departure from 01st October 2018 - until further notice for flights on our Boeing 777 and Airbus A350 aircraft.
Talk to a Mondo Travel Specialist to take advantage of this offer when travelling with China Airlines.submitted by -- Tony Terrill