Friday 10th of November 2017 until Sunday 30th of September 2018
TranzAlpine - from Christchurch to Greymouth or vv - from $202* per person.
One of the world's great train journeys - travelling coast to coast through forests and farmland and over the spectacular Southern Alps.
The TranzAlpine operates a daily return service between Christchurch and Greymouth.
From the comfort of world class carriages, passengers will see the fields of the Canterbury Plains and farmland, followed by the spectacular gorges and river valleys of the Waimakariri River. The train then climbs into the majestic Southern Alps to Arthurs Pass National Park, before descending through lush beech rainforest to the West Coast town of Greymouth, a great base for visits to Punakaiki and the always-popular glaciers.
• The rolling farmlands of the Canterbury Plains.
• Spectacular mountains and gorges of the great divide.
• River valleys & lush beech rainforest of New Zealand’s West Coast.
• The view from the open air viewing carriage, perfect for photo opportunities.
• The onboard commentary that really brings the trip to life.
Departs : Daily
Prices will be subject to change on a weekly basis unless paid in full.
Conditions: * It is our policy to present the cost of our flights & holidays inclusive of all airport and government charges. Please accept however that these charges are not within our control, therefore we reserve the right to pass on any increase. Travel agent professional service fees where charged, will be additional to the advertised prices.